SAM Password Management
SAM Password is designed to simplify access across networks of distributed computers without compromising security. It consists of SAM Password Synchronization and SAM Password Self Reset, providing improvements that extent the feature set of this proven technology. With SAM Password, companies reduce the cost and security exposures related to the management of user passwords and user availability.
SAM Password Self Reset
The SAM Password Self Reset function hands password management over to the user, who can reset the workstation’s password on the login screen. System security is maintained through authentication prompts, recognized standard encryption technologies and a secure kiosk web connection.
SAM Password Self Reset provides safe, easily accessible user self service authentication and password reset which are easily implemented and maintained.
- Reduced Help Desk workload by running password resets as a self-service
- Technical enforcement of password policies for all connected systems
- Ease of use reduces probability of users writing down passwords
- Less idle time of users / resets are now within their control
SAM Password Syncronization
The SAM Password Synchronisation software empowers employees to access various platforms or applications via a single password. The solution further ensures that password changes are automatically synchronized to all connected systems and applications and implemented such that the user can access all applications.
SAM Password Synchronization provides a consistent method for managing the major aspects of password and user id access management across multiple platforms. It perpetually monitors the managed systems. In case of a password change in one system, Password sync will automatically change the password in all other systems to this new password.
- This cuts down the number of passwords that end users need to remember, as access to most systems use one common synchronized password.
- It also reduces the tendency for end users to write down passwords and the weakening of enterprise security that such habits can introduce.
- Since there is only one password to remember, the user can remember a more complex (secure) one. Complexity can be enforced by password policies.
SAM Password Features